Friday, August 3, 2012

Where's cookie monster when I need him?


I decided to make choc chip cookies recently.  And.... I made a bit too much. -__-


I had some Hershey's cinnamon chips that I wanted to use, as well as some white, dark and milk chocolate chips. So I made cinnamon chip cookies and triple choc cookies. I've still got some Reese's peanut butter chips that I'll use next time.. :P

Choc chip cookies
Makes about 58 large cookies

200g butter
200g caster sugar
200g brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
415g plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
3 tsp hot water
1 tsp salt
380g choc chips (I had half a batch with cinnamon chips, half with triple choc)

Cream butter and sugars.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat.
Dissolve bicarb soda with hot water. Add to mixture.
Add in plain flour and salt. Mix until combined.
You should get about 1090g of dough.
Add in chocolate chips and mix. (It will now be about 1450g)
Weigh out 25g dough to make each cookie.




Place onto lined baking tray, separating each dough with at least 2 cms.



Bake in a preheated 160C oven for about 10-12mins or until the edges start to brown slightly.






Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (They will feel very soft, so don't touch them!). Then transfer onto cooling rack.




Now, where's cookie monster when I need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment