Monday, October 1, 2012

Mr Panda ❤

I finally made Mr Panda. But I made too much cake. First shot at it, my red velvet mixture was too delicate, and Mr Panda #1... unfortunately.. died. :( Second batter worked, but I had too much batter so I ended up baking an extra cake too. Haha.. :/


Fatty panda :P Hehe~

Red velvet cake


250g butter
600g caster sugar
6 eggs
40g cocoa
8tsp red food colouring
4 tsp vanilla extract
550ml milk
600g self raising flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix.
Combine red dye, cocoa, vanilla and a bit of milk together to form a smooth paste.
Add to butter mixture.
Mix and add flour alternating with milk until well combined.

Pour into a greased Wilton Cuddly Bear Pan.

Bake for 50mins in a preheated 170C oven.

Remove and allow to cool before frosting. I used the new Philly frosting in chocolate and lemon. You'll need 1 tub of chocolate and 1.5 tubs of lemon.

I also made some panda chocolate using a chocolate mould I got in HK earlier this year.  Gotta love pandas!



2 comments:

  1. the mini panda cookies are SOOOO CUTE ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your panda cake is cute! My kids would love to create something beautiful as this. :)

    ReplyDelete